7.31.2009

Dreamin'

I was in the car with my friend Sally who was dropping me off at my house in Phoenix. It was pretty late in the evening. The sky was dark, rolling and studded with lightning. This was no regular Arizona monsoon; it was hurricane-esque. When I arrived at my house my heart stopped when I saw what was waiting. Someone was trying to kill my family. What was it? A KITE with a KEY tied to the roof. Our assassin was trying to make lightning strike the house via the kite so it would explode. Hyperventilating from fear, I Suddenly realized that a huge fiery comet was streaking toward my house. We sped away just as the comet struck, crushing my house. From there everything was chaos. My sister Ellie was pregnant and we were trying to find shelter but everyone was trying to kill one another because the apocalypse had arrived. Think "war of the worlds". Right as I was supposed to die, I woke up in a cold sweat and couldn't go back to sleep.

The importance of this dream is not the nightmarish qualities, but he fact that a kite caused more fear than would bombs/ terrorists. That's all.

1 comment: