8.09.2009

Shout-out

(hiking in style)

As you can see from my photo, I had some friends rescue me from the boredom of my summer: reading, relaxing, swimming, watching movies ect. This life sounds pretty lucrative at first, but 6 weeks of entertainment and little brain activity gets a bit dry. But just a bit. Erica, Spencer and Callie came down two weekends ago for some much needed togetherness before Sperica move to NYC for law school. I met Erica in Spanish sophomore year, when we realized we were applying for the same study abroad. Erica is lovely, hilarious, loyal, great note-writer and loving. We lived together in Spain and after until she married Spenc (skier, grounded, extreme intelligence, happy, entertaining). They started dating around the time we met, Erica's life and mine were paralleling each other because I had also started dating a boy. Obviously things worked out better for them than 'us'. ahem. I met California Frances on said study abroad in Spain and she also lived with Erica and I. Callie is also hilarious, totally chill, loves to scare me and is an awesome soccer player. The jokes, entertainment and zaniness never stop with this crew. It was truly delightful to have them here. I am so grateful they drove 12 hours both ways to visit the splendor that is Arizona!

We swam, ate, went to court, went boating, ate, played rock band, watched "oh brother where art thou" and had rhetorical battles. Clearly--it doesn't get much better than that. I love these people, they really are the cream of the crop. Thanks amigos!

"Don't be so wristist!"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for making my attributes almost complete alliteration. That means a lot to me. And it wasn't a 12-hour drive because Spencer drove. We did it in 6.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has only ever been a 12 hour drive for sarah...somehow no one else seems to be able to take that long

    ReplyDelete