10.10.2009

Listen up, America!

I want everybody who reads my blog to know: Irregardless is not the correct word! Merriam-Webster states:
"The most frequently repeated remark about "irregardless" is that there is no such word. There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead".

Regardless is the word you are searching for (if you want to sound educated, anyway).
Thank you for your time,
Sarah.

3 comments:

  1. SAC-
    I'm glad you made this announcement. However, I, as many others I'm sure, will continue to use this word to make fun of people that think it is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAC

    I agree wholeheartedly (with emphasis on the H). Another annoying one is when people say, "I could care less".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I like you...and because we are related.

    ReplyDelete