8.10.2009

my stars shoot for you

I am all chloriney from spendin time in the pool with Harley. Slowly China is melting off me. The dumplings, hi-chews and rice are leaving my thighs and stomach. Good ridance.

Two nights ago I was layin outside on the driveway contemplating the heavens because the temperature dropped by almost 40 degrees. Unreal right? It was 72. In the middle of summer. In arizona. Four stars shot for me. It was a big deal because they were real and I was alone. I see shooting stars everynight in my room--Katie put those sticky stars on the roof and the fan; they provide good company for drifting, dreamy thoughts.

* * * * * *
On Friday I took Cookie to lunch. She is my sister's lovely grandmother- in-law. Every summer I visit her in Prescott to see her new paintings, garden and book progression. This woman is formidable and strong. And she writes. She just finished her favorite novel and I am going to read it. We talked writing, creating. Someday I will be like her and finish a novel. Have my own garden. Create full time. Women like her show me who I want to be.

* * * * * * *

Zours are so good. I had never tasted them before Tyler sent them in my package. I had never heard some new coldplay songs til Jenny sent them in another.

Thanks for new experiences.

Ps. do you like the new look?

1 comment:

  1. One: I'm pretty sure the whole world turns for you. Two: The new look is a similar color to what ours looked like. Three: Riddance has two d's, not one.

    ReplyDelete