7.13.2010

Beware the door.

This morning I arose at 4:30 am to take my darling roommate Rachel to the airport. It was fine because I had to go into work at 7 in SLC anyway. I was so tired after I dropped her off that I decided to find a parking lot so that I could take a quick nap in my car. I found an IHOP in a very sketchy area of town and settled down with many semi trucks for some zzzz's.

Once awake again I figured I should probably grab some breakfast in the IHOP. By the way, the prices at that restaurant are obscene for greasy eggs and overcooked pancakes. I digress-- the only other person in the place was "the tool." IHOP uniform unbuttoned to show his chest, shaved head, soul patch and an overall tough guy demeanor. His eye was stitched and he had bruises everywhere. It was also oozing.

He pestered me with questions even though it was now only 7am and I was clearly delirious, until he actually sat on my table asking me about my job and life. Not appropriate. He then informed me that he usually looked a lot better but got "hit with a door" last night. I think "door" is the codename of the girl's boyfriend with whom he cheated. He continually informed me we should have some coffee together because we were both so tired.

I got out of there in record time.

6 comments:

  1. You are hilariousss! I am laughing out loud at the library right now. Text me if you want to go running this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we should go to IHOP when you get there. You know, you should just get a milk shake and then you won't be disappointed. Nice story about that guy, see guys do hit on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have you know that I ate at IHOP with my parents in Yuma and they were raving about the food and prices the whole time...classic

    ReplyDelete
  4. got to be honest, i'm not comfortable with you sleeping in parking lots or going to IHOP in sketchy parts of town (and I can guess where you were) that early in the morning. next time, go to your aunt susan's house...she'll let you sleep in her bed and make you a killer breakfast :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. Laura I knew Susan would be great--her home is almost half-way to provo though, which is why I didn't call on her. It was also 5:30 am. But don't worry, it won't happen again :)

    ReplyDelete