9.01.2009

keep on shinin'

School.

Awkward:
(Hi!Whatisyourmajorwhereareyoufromohdangijustforgotyourname
whatisitagain!?)

Crazy intense reading load already. Ahhh yeah. My brain was feelin rusty.

Sooo mormon.

But all of those things are okay because I am here again. I know this place and my place in it. I always forget how beautiful Utah is in the summer until I come back. It's a bit strange being back after 5 months cause now I'm an elitist senior. It feels pretty great. I already know that my favorite classes will be EDGAR ALLAN POE (!) and American Lit [1960-Present]. I am totally stoked to read creepy, macabre, depressing stories. Today I read snippets of Poe's biography and was laughing aloud. His poetry is about horror instead of love: I think we will get along quite well this semester. Pretty sure he would prefer wuthering heights to pride and prejudice like me.
*****
I'm with my laaaadies and loving every minute of it. Cal left a vampire cut-out in the bathroom before I even arrived to scare me. She "wanted to start the year off right". And we have a loft with a spiral staircase and tons of windows.
I saw my Smokin' wood bandies yesterday and it felt wonderful. We spent our entire lives together last year. Mike called the young ambassadors--the young badassadors in our meeting. I turned purple trying not to laugh tooo loud.
*****
This year is going to be one of beginnings and endings. I'm not really sure how it will all fit together but I am anticipating some serious memory making.

*I have a handicap parking pass...Today I knew I was living right when I rolled up to class while everyone else walks 2 miles. Back surgery IS good for some things.

2 comments:

  1. Edgar Allen Poe has my attention...he and Morticia Addams. I can't wait to see you and I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I jealous!(I would correct that gramatical error but I thought it was funny so I think I'll leave it). I want some english classes in my life!!!

    soooo mormon! but awesome all the same.

    oh my gosh, you described everything so perfectly. do you study english or something?

    ReplyDelete